Saturday, August 16, 2008

With love from Russia










I grew up reading Russian classics and Folk tales, and short stories . I always found Russia to a mysterious place or sometimes a wonderland . So no doubt I was jumping with joy when my husband -A had to go there. Though I didnot join him ( maybe some other time),I made sure that he took a lot of photos and sees as much of Moscow as he could after work. Having a friend there truly helped.




So here are some lovely photos with love from Moscow,Russia.




Triumph Arch build to commemorate the victory of Russia in the Patriotic War against French Emperor Napoleon in 1812.

Peter the Great Monument Also known as The Monument “300 years of The Russian Navy .

St. Basil s Cathedral on Red Square, considered to be a true symbol of Russia and an integral part of Moscow scenery, is one of the most remarkable monuments and the supreme achievement of ancient architecture of the capital.

4 comments:

Anil P said...

That reminds me. In the days when Indian foreign policy revolved around the former Soviet Union, and Indian shops were awash with Soviet books, I had picked up a picture book that had among the most beautiful pictures of USSR, a dreamy experience going through that lot.

Pea said...

Ya thats true..
Russia has a lot of beautiful momuments especially in Moscow..I always thought of Russia as an mysterious place..
Thanks for dropping by..

Lakshmi said...

you do travel quite a lot..dont you :) I really envy you

Pea said...

heehehe ..nahi re not much