Thursday, March 20, 2008

Unicef's Buddy Bears in Sydney


I visited UNICEF’s Buddy Bear exhibition while I was in Sydney. I was strolling around when I saw a tall cute and colorful Bear standing with its hand in air . Just when I walked towards him .. I saw more Bears .. there were almost 142 bears with designs representing the culture and tradition of its country.
The motto of the exhibition was “WE HAVE TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER … it makes us understand one another better, trust each other more and live together more peacefully. “
The idea for this exhibition was created 2002 by the inventors of the Buddy Bears Eva and Klaus Herlitz, having three aspects in mind: Art, Message and charity.


The bear in the center is from India. On the right is bear from Hungary and the left one is from Indonesia.

Isn't that a unique art form for a wonderful cause !







2 comments:

Lakshmi said...

beautiful bears and its an interesting cause and a post as well

Pea said...

Thanks for the lovely comment !