Monday, January 7, 2008

First Day First Time-Sydney


Last year in January we went to Sydney, Australia. From the plane’s window till this day it is most beautiful place and the top one in my favorite places to- be list . We went there 4 times but still didn’t have enough of it :-)
I just fell in love with the architecture , the carvings , the statues, the greenery ,the people , the beaches --all are simply magnificent.
The Australians have a casual, easy going , laid back attitude towards life. It must be because of the wonderful beaches. Who wouldn’t love to just relax and lie on the sunny beach for the entire day, get your wet feets covered with sand , make sand castles , surf and swim !

The first thing we did after keeping our bags in the Hotel ..was to walk to see the Sydney Opera house . It was just 10-12 minutes from where we stayed .
It was summer time and was very hot and everyone was enjoying it !I don't like getting tanned but this time I didn't care !
We were at the Circular Quay. As we walked along the Sydney Harbour Bridge was the first one we saw. ‘ A’ had been to Sydney before so it was only me who was jumping with wide eyes and big smile with excitement . I have never seen a bridge so beautiful .. it is so pretty( I know thats not a word for bridge!:0) .. Whole surrounding is so romantic..
Around the Circular Quay,there were many large , small , colorful ships /boats , a lineup of restaurants of different cuisines , people jogging and strolling around , enthusiastic tourists taking photos and posing in the front of the Bridge( including me) , lots of birds – seagulls and pigeons flying and hovering over those who eat French-fries/chips (they will even dance in circle for a couple of French fries and also get aggressive for it) , Tourist shop selling souvenirs … people enjoying the Sun , kids enjoying tall ice-cream cones. On the water lot of water sport enthusiastic surfing and sailing ...
We walked and I was like a kid at the fun fair and A was enjoying it :-) Well then suddenly he said Look there .. I was like woooooooow .. That’s the Opera house .. the one we used to see in the photos .. I stopped and stood there admiring … Then I thought- No it looks different in the photographs ..But then A explained that it is angle you are looking at it .. If we view it from the Sea it would look exactly like that…
We decided to catch the Boat ride to see both the bridge and the Opera house from different angles. So we ran to take the boat ride . There was a man in Caption Cook’s dress selling tickets . We got on the Boat soon .. found ourselves a good location to enjoy every possible view.
Wow everything was so lovely.. the water -just wanted to look at it (only if it was not shining so much) All the huge tall buildings around .. A also showed me his office building ( It has a Sea view …wow .. I thought) The sea has always fascinated me and this was my first time I was riding on it … It has fascinated me so much that I cannot imagine living away from it again !
Lots of houses were build just on the cliff near the Sea . So much that I thought they will slide away ..
And the opera house looked –oh well- just like we have always seen in the photographs –Magnificent ! And both of them together – Wow…

1 comment:

Lakshmi said...

hi,

thanks for visiting my blog and for your wishes..wish you a great year and may you go places ..I was in sydney more than 13 years ago..and your post brought back some great memories